Home > eSalesTrack Help Menu > Administrator > Modules > Mapping > Add Mapping
Mapping creates conversion between two modules. You
can map the fields of two modules and convert records from one module to the
To set up a map:
1. Click on the wrench
2. Click on Modules
3. Click on Mapping
4 Click on Add Map
5. First pick the module you would like to convert to
from the drop down menu.
6. Next select the module you would like to convert to
inside of the first tab.
7. Map each field by selecting fields from the drop
downs. The information will move from the fields on the right side to the
fields on the left side when you convert a record.
8. You can map information from related modules by
clicking on the tabs. The tabs are the modules that are related to the
module you are converting to. You can select modules that are related to
the module you are converting from and map the information between the two.
9. If you would like the old record to become
inactive you can click the "Make Source Record Inactive" check box.
10. If you would like any notes associated with the
original record to be copied to the new record then click the "Copy Source
Module Notes" check box.
11. The last step involves adding the convert tool to the profile page of the
convert from module. Open the form manager for the module you will be
converting from then click on Tool Bar.
12. From the Tool Bar Properties window click on the check box next to the
mapping you would like to add a control for.