Views can be created from within any normal modules.
Views are a way to customize and sort the list of records in a particular
To create a view:
1. Open the particular module you would like to create a
2. Click "Add" right under where the module name is.
3. Give the view a name.
4. Select the Scope of the view. The scope is the
record owners of the records you would like to include. You can select a
group and see every user's data in that particular group, or hold ctrl + select
the users individually.
5. Select the fields you would like to have as your data
columns in the view. You can select these by clicking the check box next
to the field name.
6. If you would like to add information from another
module you can select that module off of the "--Add Module--" drop down.
You can join these two modules 2 different ways. If you can add as many
related modules as you would like.
7. Select the order that you would like to have your
fields appear, you can use the
to move the fields around. The field at the very top will appear on the
far left, the next below will appear just to the right of the top field.
Here you can also pick fields to be a link field. This means in the view
that column will be a hyper link that will open the record you click on. here
you can also rename the headers that will appear in the views.
8. Next you can select how you would like to sort the
view. You select a column then Ascending (A-Z) or Descending (Z-A).
9. In the filters section you can select if you would
like to view active and also inactive records in the view. Inactive
records are records you have deleted (not permanently deleted).
10. You can add filters to only view certain
records. Pick a field to sort by then pick a filter type, then pick a
value to filter with. You can add as many filter as you need.
Date filters have a special set of filter types.
11. When finished you can click
This will build a preview of the view at the bottom. You can click
to return to the module with the view.